1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity, I'm wondering what you all have done to make aftermarket mags that didnt' work quite right to work right. Did you replace the springs or the follower or maybe both???

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Why do you think gun shows were invented? By the time you buy aftermarket mags, spend time and money figuring out how to make them run, you could have bought factory mags that work to begin with, have less aggrevation and for same or less $.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started my inquiry because I'm going to start looking for some 20 round 92F mags for my CX4 and don't want to spend $130.00 a mag. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll try an aftermarket one and see if I can get it too run right.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are planning on using the mags for concealed carry I would say just bite the bullet and buy the factory mag... even if you get an aftermarket mag to work it probably won't give you the same confidence or peace of mind that a factory mag will.

BTW, like David said, just getting one to function reliably can drive you insane. Not too long ago I was tinkering with a POS Mini-14 aftermarket mag for a few days until it finally drove me so crazy that I fed it to my 12 GA. :D

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TASK said:
Not too long ago I was tinkering with a POS Mini-14 aftermarket mag for a few days until it finally drove me so crazy that I fed it to my 12 GA. :D
Did you give it the 00 Buck or Slug treatment. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts