1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stainless Ultra Carry is my concealed weapon of choice.

I'd like to add night sights but am confused over which ones will fit in the slide dovetails.

I though Kimber sold some on their web site but I can't seem to find anything there any more.

Any of you have some advice on this?

------------------
When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword at his side.

·
Super Moderator
13,557 Posts
Heinie, Novak and Wilson Combat all make drop in night sights to fit the Kimber.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would stay away from the factory Kimber night sights at least for now. It seems like everyone who has them is having problems with them losing their glow. Hopefully Kimber will remedy this soon.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Roshi

MMC makes really nice adjustable night sights, and they are offering them for the Kimber slide cuts. The MMC sights are very robust, they are intended to be a carry or a combat sight, they are not a target sight. I have a set on my Commander and I like them.

The MMC websites is here: http://www.mmcsight.com/

Though it appears to be getting updated.

Another option is Ashley Express Sights.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Str8_Shot

The best handgun for self defense, is the one you have with you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Novak night sights on my pro carry and love them. they have been on for about a year and still as bright as the day they were put on. My friend who has a CDP can't say the same. His is almost gone after only a year. Plus mine has a bright white circle around each insert so the sights are easier to pick up in almost any light. They are a little more but well worth the money if it is a carry piece or defence weapon.

[This message has been edited by lockandload3 (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Roshi,

When I first bought my Kimber Compact, it had the standard Kimber black sights on them. Shortly thereafter, I sent it back to the Kimber Custom Shop for some trigger/safety work, and also had them install a set of Novak Lo-Mount night sights.

The Novak night sights were a lot better that the stock ones, but I still found the front sight difficult to quickly pick up, particularly during the day. For some reason, the rear dots were relatively brighter than the front one.

I recently installed a set of Ashlek Pro Express Big Dot tritium sights on my HK USP COmpact .40 S&W. The large front sight is extremely fast to pick up, and it just sort of magically centers over the rear shallow V. I liked them so much, I just ordered a set for my Kimber Compact. I haven't rec'd them yet, but from the pictures on their web site, they fit the dovetails and flats of the Kimber slide perfectly.

So, you might consider the AO Express sights, particularly if you're one of us more "mature" folks whose eyesights isn't what it used to be! (g)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts