1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this topic has been covered already. I am looking to add a set of "target" sights to my CD FS. From my understanding, BoMars would require major modifications to the slide. I saw a set from "MGW" in the Brownells catalog that appear to be the style I am looking for. I didn't know if there are any sights that will specifically "fit" my CD or if all 1911 style sights are of a standard size. I am still new to the 1911.

Thanks in advance for any help/info/tips/advice!!

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
The Chucks have a non-standard DT. The front is a 60 degree with a .085 depth and .332-.344" width. Rear is 60 degree with a .097" depth and .365-.372" width. Front height is .244", rear is .318". I have had several conversations with the Chuck people about standardizing the DTs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by Joe D:
The Chucks have a non-standard DT. The front is a 60 degree with a .085 depth and .332-.344" width. Rear is 60 degree with a .097" depth and .365-.372" width. Front height is .244", rear is .318". I have had several conversations with the Chuck people about standardizing the DTs.
Before I got my chuck I contacted them about this and they sent it out to me, now that I have my chuck they do not want to help me out with it at all.
Also these dimensions do not seem to be right as far as I can tell, both dovetails seem to be right around .325" wide, the rear is slightly wider that the front.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
The dimensions I listed are about what I have found on two Chucks I checked. There is considerable variation from gun to gun, hence the heavy staking. They are sending me a "special" oversize front sight to look at.

·
Registered
233 Posts
the latest new rearsights that will fit the daly's dovetails is by www.CHIPMcCORMICKCORP.com order#81046 cost$47.95 pluss $4 shipping.i ordered a set and they got to me in just a couple of days.i knock the old ones out,and a matter of minutes-i hade a nice set of lowprofile/combat sights on my chuckie. they appear to be custom fitted-cant even see the dovetail,take a look at them on his websight,no gunsmithing required.

------------------

·
Registered
199 Posts
J.B.,
The picture on the CMC sight is in Black & white...is the main body of the sight plastic
or is it metal?
How is the sight picture did you also replace the front sight ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
james beam,
Is your CD FS one of the "new" enhanced models or just the "regular" FS? I checked out the rear sight on the CMC website and it looks really cool. My CD is the basic FS and the serial number begins "CD......" I didn't know if the rear sight would fit my model or not. I bought it NIB at the end of January. Thanks for sharing the info!

·
Registered
233 Posts
cmc rear sights or all-metal,and they will fit all the daly's. and they work with your existing froint sight.sight-picture is easy and quick.my daly is a 2000 modle fs,funny thing is that it has a gripp-safty,just like the 2001 modles. i added new rosewood diamon cut gripps cmc rearsigts-it looks like the newer modles.im really happy with my daly. i've replaced parts with quality aftermarket parts-not that it needed them.cmc and wilson combat magazines work nicely.i have other 1911's,daylys or as nice as any,but they could add a better finish/bluing job. JB

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts