1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nighthawk is about 12 years old and the tritium sights are not in wonderful shape. The front sight is especially hard to see.

I called Trijicon and they said they will replace the inserts for $58.00 plus shipping, but now I'm thinking about replacing the sights altogether.

The pistol is an '07 Vickers' Tactical and I think the sights are a Novak cut. If I could find out what my cut is (for sure) then shopping for sights would be a lot easier. I can swap the sights myself once I find the right ones.

Nighthawk sells tritium sights, but I think I want to change to something more "hi-viz" like the WC Ameriglo setup. "Megadot tritium" or something similar.

Can anyone tell give me a place to start when identifying the sight cuts on my pistola?

Thanks!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah I have the same dilemma with my Enforcer II. I called Nighthawk and was told they used two dovetail cuts on mine and I needed to get them measured or send the slide into them for sights. I have the trijicons on my G43 back up and love them...I am headed to south Missouri soon and will stop by their shop as I want the slide melonited as well.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed NHC with the serial number and asked them if they have records of the dovetail cuts included on the pistol. If they respond I'll update this thread.

·
Vendor
425 Posts
My Nighthawk is about 12 years old and the tritium sights are not in wonderful shape. The front sight is especially hard to see.

I called Trijicon and they said they will replace the inserts for $58.00 plus shipping, but now I'm thinking about replacing the sights altogether.

The pistol is an '07 Vickers' Tactical and I think the sights are a Novak cut. If I could find out what my cut is (for sure) then shopping for sights would be a lot easier. I can swap the sights myself once I find the right ones.

Nighthawk sells tritium sights, but I think I want to change to something more "hi-viz" like the WC Ameriglo setup. "Megadot tritium" or something similar.

Can anyone tell give me a place to start when identifying the sight cuts on my pistola?

Thanks!

This pistol should have standard Novak dovetails front and rear. Post up a pic and I’ll be able to tell for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
425 Posts
Definitely standard Novak sight cuts, front and rear. If you are looking for a set of hi def sights I’d recommend the Trijicon HD sights. They have a u-notch rear with either an orange or yellow large front sight with tritium inserts.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely standard Novak sight cuts, front and rear. If you are looking for a set of hi def sights I’d recommend the Trijicon HD sights. They have a u-notch rear with either an orange or yellow large front sight with tritium inserts.

Thank you very much. This info will make my search much easier.

My front sight is .180 but I think it's shooting a bit high at 20 yards. I had my eye on this adjustable rear set. Any experience with them? Looks to be very similar to the Trijicon HD, but with an adjustable rear.

Also, I imagine that any aftermarket sight will not be drilled for the post on the NHC. Would it be a problem to install a front sight without the post?

I really appreciate the prompt information.

·
Vendor
425 Posts
Thank you very much. This info will make my search much easier.

My front sight is .180 but I think it's shooting a bit high at 20 yards. I had my eye on this adjustable rear set. Any experience with them? Looks to be very similar to the Trijicon HD, but with an adjustable rear.

Also, I imagine that any aftermarket sight will not be drilled for the post on the NHC. Would it be a problem to install a front sight without the post?

I really appreciate the prompt information.

I personally don’t have any experience with that particular sight set but they should work just fine. No issues with installing a front sight that doesn’t have the pin in it. As long as the sight is fit tightly to the dovetail you should be good to go!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally don’t have any experience with that particular sight set but they should work just fine. No issues with installing a front sight that doesn’t have the pin in it. As long as the sight is fit tightly to the dovetail you should be good to go!

You da man! Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts