1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used any of the Aguila 45acp IQ? Intrested in trying some and was curious? Here is the wording from the webpage:

Aguila 45acp IQ
New Commercial Ammo. Super High Velocity. 117grn, Alloy Hollow Point, 1450ft/sec, will penetrate 3/4" ballistic polycarbonate plate, up to 12" of ballistic gelatin. Packaged in 20rd boxes.

Price: $8.50 (Excluding: OH State Sales Tax at 5.5%)

------------------
45ACP
big lead hurts worse

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I don't know what the IQ part of it is, but if the rounds are the 117 gr. aluminum-looking rounds that are skived into three sections, then yep, shot them when they were just called "high power." The rounds are very LOUD, the muzzle flash is quite impressive, and your fellow shooters will be startled by the report. Even during the summer and outside, I could feel the heat of the blast/vapor cloud.

The tips are well curved and of the box of 50, I never had a feed problem in my guns or anyone else's that tried it. Pressure are within SAAMI regs supposedly.

It is FUN to shoot, but there is no need to count on it for defensive ammo given the other known options available.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I shot some this weekend.They fed good extracted good had a muzzle blast like a small thermo-nuclear explosion and made a crater in a sandy creek bank that blew sand and mud back to me at about 50 feet.Ball ammo makes a crater about 2" diameter this stuff goes about 8".Scientific testing may say this stuff ain't good but I would not hesitate to use it. Wicked stuff.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yeah,bought some at last gun show.Cheap to buy,not too bad accuracy wise.tom.

------------------
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
bgenlvtex, a small thermo-nuclear explostion? I like the description!! On a Texas winter day or a cool morning like this morning, the blast has a rather soothing warmth to it. You really have to try the stuff at night. No mushroom cloud, but a wonderful photoflash vapor cloud.

For PatrickM98, I am still unsure as to how I feel about the bullet's penetration. While somewhat shallow, it does produce four different wound tracks, each that would ostensibly be doing damage and cutting up things. Okay, so this is not a round to shoot at really obese people, but normal and skinny people would probably succumb pretty easily I would think.

·
Registered
122 Posts
D.N.S.:
Shoot it at night?.....Heh Heh..Hey Beavis watch this....Heh Heh....AAAAAAHHHHHH I can't see anymore...Heh Heh..buttmunch. Shoot fat people in the head. Two to the chest ..one to the head,two to the chest ...one to the head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts