1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Colt 1911 I've ownrd in about 10 years. I found a new one in a dealers case, I had not seen one before. It just caught my eye.
Can't wait to shoot it now!

If anyone has one, shoot a little feedback my way.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bought a C.C.O. about year ago and it has become one of my favorite .45's... Lightweight and shoots as good as any fullsize .45 and I know you will be glad you got it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't pass it up. I actually went to the store with the intent to buy a Kimber Eclipse. It caught my attention and screamed take me home!!
It was dry as a bone after 3 years of sitting in a case. It is clean, lubed and ready to shoot. I'm going to try to go after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I had a chance to buy a CCO about 2 years ago. There was a new Combat Commander XS and the CCO , the XS style with stainless slide and stainless finish frame in the dealer's case. I bought the Commander and love it, but I should have gotten both. Have been looking for one ever since. I don't really care for the two-tone job.

------------------
If it wasn't for the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Ishootblanks.....
Funny thing, that's what happened to me. Found both an XS CCO and an XS Combat Commander NIB, sitting side by side, nearly a year and a half ago. Had real trouble making my mind up. Both were at $675. Went with the Commander, instantly missed the CCO, and then looked for a year for another CCO, NIB. I might add I found one at a significantly higher price.
Regards,
Sam

[This message has been edited by SamColtFan (edited 11-07-2001).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's a shooter! I ran 150 rounds of ball, & 30 or so assorted JHPs. No problems at all. 7 and 15 yards, nice groups. The sights were actually dead on, something rare for me. A little more kick than my Pro-Carry, probably due to the lack of a guide rod and heavier barrel. It's a keeper no doubt. I don't know if I can keep it stock though. I'm going to try, other than a grip change and lighten up the trigger to 4-4.5, from a guess of around 6-6.5lbs. Ooh yeah I may throw a Wilson Easy-Loader mag well on as well. and uhhh

After reading some prices here I think I got a good deal, $712 on the nose.

[This message has been edited by Rob Orlando (edited 11-07-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts