1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can we see these grips? I understand that they among the best ever for the 1911. I'm looking at picking up their "Tactical" style (half smooth, half checkered), but I'd like to see them first. Sites like Brownells have written decriptions which ain't cuttin' it. Let me know your opinion (good or not so good). Where did you purchase them? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Lodraw

I've had a set of the Tacticals on a Commander for awhile. I like the look and the feel. I went with black, and found a pair at a local show. One note on the black ones I got, the hi-gloss finish peeled off quickly - I sprayed them with semi-matte poly which I preferred anyway. The bad finish was likely a fluke but it was OK cause I wanted a matte finish on the black anyway.

JSP

·
Registered
29 Posts
go over to Smith & Alexander's webpage; i
think they also carry Ahrends grips. i
recently ordered a set in tulipwood for my
kimber pro-carry & also a magwell from them
also. the grips are just absolutely beautiful
and they also gave me very good service;
good folks to deal with!!

------------------
if you can't get it done
with a 1911 GIVE UP!!!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Don Williams, owner of www.pickagrip.com amd the Action Works, get lots of shipments of Spegel and Ahrend grips in. If his site looks like a lot has been sold out, check back often to see the fresh shipment.

G

·
0 Posts
BROWNELL'S ALSO KEEPS IN STOCK.

------------------
NRA Life Member

The important things are always simple.....The simple things are always hard.....Front site..Front site...Front site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lodraw, I've also been looking for a set of cocobolo grips for a Kimber Gold Match. All the pics at the sites look terrific. Anyone ever deal with <herrettstocks.com>. They are out of Idaho, and they also look good. - - - and they are 1/2 the price. Any comments? ~Coach

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Apologies to PickAGrip, I looked at all the variations there, but bought the Cordia Combat Checkered from Brownells, for exactly half the cost on PAG.

They are beautiful, the checkering is fairly sharp, and the coloring is distinctively different. Put them on my Kimber SLE, they really set off the matte stainless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts