1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one? Any pictures would be great. I heard that this is in some Military use and is quite a good mount for the Aimpoitn Comp M sight to the M4 / M16A4. See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
matteblack said:
Does anyone have one? Any pictures would be great. I heard that this is in some Military use and is quite a good mount for the Aimpoitn Comp M sight to the M4 / M16A4. See attached.
i use other arms mounts (rings on the AR, quick disconnect base on the 12ga under a BSA red dot, QD base under the scope on my 10/22) and think they are the greatest thing since the weaver rail. I wouldnt hesitate to buy any of their products if it wasnt for the fact that i cant really afford to:(

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah yeah, you guys shouldn't tease me. I want an Aimpoint so bad that I can taste it. Got to save for my M1a, got to save for my M1a, got to save for my M1a *sigh* oh well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I really like mine, feels very solid. I have mine mounted to my AR receiver, with the cantilever extension spacer to put the Aimpoint further out over the handguards.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
JRJ said:
Yeah yeah, you guys shouldn't tease me. I want an Aimpoint so bad that I can taste it. Got to save for my M1a, got to save for my M1a, got to save for my M1a *sigh* oh well.
so do i...can you see it now? Aimpoint Comp ML2, arms mount...the 2x version of course...yummm...but first i have to afford the rifle

·
Registered
769 Posts
ARM's mounts are nice. But are they worth the $$? Not to me. My $15 Aimpoint mount from Brownells works fine for my ML2.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
got one on my flat top, great mount, like everything else arms makes, built like a tank, there pricey, but quality is never cheap.
if you get one, and plan to mount it directly to your flat top, you'll need ether the half or full spacer they sell. the half spacer put my dot right on tip of the front sight. also don't forget the flip up rear they sell. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Matteblack,

I utilize a ARMS 22 M68 mount and a full spacer with my Aimpoint Comp M red dot sight. This set up is located on my Robinson Armament M96 recon rifle. I've shot the rifle with this set up and found that the Aimpoint is set too high on the rifle. I removed the full spacer and found that the Aimpoint sits too low. I Will probably have to purchase the ARMS half spacer. Overall, I really like the 22 M 68. It is a solid, well built mount. When you place the mount on the rail of your rifle and turn the locking lever it is on for good... solid feel... with no play at all. You can also utilize the mount with the locking lever on the right side or the left side depending how you want to set up your firearm and optics. I purchased mine for about $95.00 less shipping. They are costly but worth the money. :)
RAMBULM5

Custom Colt M4 A3 Pre-ban 5.56mm (Unfired)
Robinson Armament M96 Recon 5.56mm
Springfield Armory M1A Scout Synthetic .308 (Unfired)
Springfield Armory/Beretta BM-59 Pre-ban .308 (Unfired)
Krebs Custom AK-74M 5.45x39 (On order)
Remington/Scattergun Technologies 870 12 gauge (Unfired)
Mossberg Ulti-mag Shotgun 12 gauge
Browning A-Bolt SS II .270 w/Leupold VX1 3-9x40 scope (Unfired)
Springfield Armory TGO 1 #26 .45
Springfield Armory TGO 1 #27 .45 (Unfired)
Springfield Armory PC9112 Custom Operator .45 (On order)
BUL M5 Commander .45
Glock 23 .40
Smith and Wesson Model 686 Stainless .357 4"
Smith and Wesson Model 60 Stainless .38 2"

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good info, thanks. I am liking it more and more. Right now, I have the QR military mount from Aimpoint. Its fine, but I like the look and construction of the 22 m68 better. I think I would get the half spacer. What if I didn't, would the red dot be on top of the front sight? To me, that doesnt seem to be a problem, I certainly don't have a AN/PEQ-2 to look over :( The guys in the photo I attached, they have the gull spacer correct?

·
Registered
189 Posts
You'll want the full spacer so that your front sight post is co-witnessing in the bottom 1/3 of the Aimpoint's FOV. Otherwise, the front sight will be blocking a lot of your view.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great. Do any of you know where I can get a "bikini" style lense cover system so I can get rid of those damned flip-ups? I have seen some in use in the military, but apparently they are no longer made by Aimpoint. How about aftermarket?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the ARMS 22M68 mounted on an ARMS SIR 50. I think it is a great mount. It goes on and off quickly and it has went back to within 1/2" @ 100 yards when removed/replaced. I have never had the zero shift during use. If you are going to mount directly to a flat top you need the spacer, if you are mounting to a SWAN sleeve, SIR, etc. skip the spacer.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts