1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone ever tried an air eraser for bead blasting their own stainless frame or slide, seems like like it would be a great home finish substitute in stead of the large blast gun and box.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It will probably work okay for small parts, but you'll still need a way to contain the beads. Trust me, they get everywhere. I had to seal up my blasting cabinet with silicone. What are you going to use for your air supply? If you use those little disposable cans, you'll need dozens of them to blast an entire gun. Also, as the can cools, it's PSI will drop, within seconds actually, and you'll have to wait for the can to warm up before starting again. PSI isn't as important as the volume of air you can flow at the desired PSI. Check out this link: http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/Details.htm#August 1
After reading this, I pretty much copied his setup, though I got a much larger cabinet from Ebay, and have been happy ever since. Now my friends ask me to blast all kinds of stuff for them. They "pay" me with fresh blasting media and beer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. that sounds like i great way to go. i already have a 100 gallon compressor in the garage. know i just need friends with beer that they'll part with.:biglaugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts