1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again with the standard update. I'm now Airborne qualified. Got my wings yesterday. Made 3 jumps from C-130s, and two from C-141s. Monday was one jump, Tuesday I did 3, and Wed we did our final jump at around 1300. Now I just have to knock RIP out of the way and I'll finally be part of a unit. I was supposed to go on leave at 1700 last night, however they're jerkin our (myself and about 100 other RIP-bound soldiers) chains and we're still here. Oh well, as soon as they say "stay safe, and Fall Out", I will triple time to my Camaro, hop in, and haul my 4th point of contact back to Houston, to be reunited with my 1911 (and my family).

AIRBORNE!!

Anthony

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Welcome to the Airborne !
Best Holiday present is to no longer be a nasty leg :D

RIP now so a Winter Ranger?!?
now that is going to be harsh :p

Congrats!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Army Airborne is cool..

but Marines would do the same jump without a parachute

:biglaugh:

j/k

i would like to jump out of a perfectly good airplane someday... NOT!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
macktruckturner said:
Again with the standard update. I'm now Airborne qualified. Got my wings yesterday...
Congratualtions!

macktruckturner said:
...however they're jerkin our (myself and about 100 other RIP-bound soldiers) chains and we're still here...
Welcome to the Army...hurry up and wait.

macktruckturner said:
...to be reunited with my 1911 (and my family)...
Well at least you have your prioruties straight! :D

macktruckturner said:
...AIRBORNE!!

Anthony
All the way!

A leg.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrats, godspeed, and BE CAREFUL driving that Camaro back to Houston - the Holiday Rush has already started in a lot of places and the people who never drive EXCEPT to drag the whole family to grandma's for christmas are on the road again.

:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Anybody who would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.......:p

Congrats and be carefull out there (on the highway of course)

Fat ass lazy mech soldier.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Cadence we use to sing:

C130 rolling down the strip
Gonna take a little ride gonna take a little trip....

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The Air Force does not have any Pefectly good airplanes! Good luck to you, you'll be a 5 jump chump till you have enough jumps to spell Paratrooper.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What's the deal man? When I graduated Airborne 10/96 the RIP instructors were waiting for graduation ceremonies to end. Immediately following graduation all RIP soldiers had to throw their duffle bags into a truck and run behind the truck all the way to Ranger Batt. to begin RIP NOW! Gettin soft I guess;) Enjoy your leave and congratulations!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Snake,

Y'all didn't even have to carry your duffle bags?

Sounds like they got soft before you got there. :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's the Army, so I suppose the RIP guys not being there is just SNAFU huh? We graduated right when *everyone* was leaving, so no one was @ RIP to come pick us up... *shrug*

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Welcome to the party AIRBORNE. Now you just need some headgear on those wings. Then you need to get that headgear padded and tapped! I hear that RANGER stuff is hard.

Matt

·
Registered
573 Posts
SHAFT said:
Welcome to the party AIRBORNE. Now you just need some headgear on those wings. Then you need to get that headgear padded and tapped! I hear that RANGER stuff is hard.

Matt
You should check your own headgear chief. You just replied to two different threads that are over two years old.:D

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
THE_DUDE said:
You should check your own headgear chief. You just replied to two different threads that are over two years old.:D
Yep

Closed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.