1911Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I've long been a proponent of "nothing but leather for 1911 holsters", but it turns out that 1911s only prefer to be in leather for traditional OWB and IWB rigs.

When it comes to AIWB, whether for a 1911 or something else, nothing works as well as kydex.

Where in the case of OWB/IWB carry, the resilience and malleability of good leather make CCW of the 1911 more comfortable IME, those same leather qualities somewhat lessen comfort and concealment in AIWB.

The whole rig can be thinner and stiffer when made of kydex.

JM Custom Kydex makes a superlative full size 1911 AIWB holster in their Wing Claw 2.5; it's comfortable, concealable, stable and quickly accessable..

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
AIWB a full-size 1911?!?! You must be a large-framed gent.
With my 30" waist I'd look like I was trying to carry a Super Soaker in my front pocket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have tried nearly every top-tier kydex AIWB holster on the market- JMCK, Vedder, Blade-Tech, Garrett, Tucker, etc., and the most comfortable by far has always been Dale Fricke Holsters' Archangel.
This^^^
It's strange how plain and boring the archangel looks, then you strap it on with a big 45 and it is amazing. It shouldn't work as well as it does.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts