1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an article stating Alabama's governor endorsed kasich from Ohio.

From the article:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"He didn't call me and ask me to endorse him. I called him," Bentley told AL.com. "We've had some changes in attitudes and philosophies in the last eight years that maybe require that we move back a little to the center. And I realize that maybe the country has changed some of its attitudes about things. And I think John understands that too but can help get us back a little more to the center."
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I haven't followed this governor at all but I do know Kasich is just another sellout RINO and bentley wanting to get Alabama "back a little more to the center" tells me he's the same thing.

I'll write or call and tell his office what a complete disappointment he is with this endorsement. I'm hoping others will do the same.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I'll take Kasich over Hillary any day.
For that matter I'll take him over Christi, Trump, and about half of the rest of the Republican primary field.

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
Kasich is a good man

all the gun laws in Ohio have gotten better, not worse.

not only that, he's a no nonsense kind of guy that doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth .
His fiscal policy is sound

Ohio is a better state since he's been gov

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a "charismatic" personality.
which sadly, is often more important to getting elected today than sound/solid responsible policy

but most are too stupid and/or brainwashed to know better

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Kasich is a big government progressive. Be careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I've been impressed with him as the governor of my state. Seems to be a good person and that is important to me. My kid's school plays his kids' school in sports and I see him cheering them on as a dad. I admire that.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Kasich is going to do well in NH. I was visiting back home there and saw a few of his commercials. But, he voted for the 1994 AW ban and when asked about his vote didn't say "it was a mistake" just that he learned it makes no sense to vote for ineffective laws. There's enoug wiggle room in that statement to allow for a whole lot of gun control.

On the one hand, yes Kasich has since then done really well on guns. But I think we need to be very careful. It's easy for gunowners to oppose anti-gun Democrats, there's a built in "opposition party" on the issue. But if we get a Republican wobbly on guns who's going to play that role - the Democrats? That's never going to happen. Do we expect members of his own party will oppose him? I'm doubtful either is a winner.

Pretty much any Republican running, even those who are weak on the issue like Carson or Trump, would be better than any of the Democrats, each of whom has announced they are solidly behind gun control. But it takes a different kind of watching for us to make sure they don't stray.

Trump will flame out, Rand Paul, Huckabee and the rest will fall away. It's early, but I think Bush-Kasich is a winner and that's good for guns, if we stay on our toes.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd take Vern's donkey over clinton any day as well.

Vos Parate has got it exactly right. Let me add career politician as well. He's a loser and I hope he's one of the first to drop out.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Gov. Bentley, from Alabama, is in a fight with the Legislature which has a super majority of his own party members. Bentley wants to raise taxes. The Legislature is bucking against him by not passing a budget that Bentley likes. I don't like anyone that he endorses. Although, Bentley has been good for our 2A rights.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Guns will not be an issue with any Republican nominee. I'm rooting for Trump. If he wins he won't waste anytime on side issues like guns.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ohio certainly has some of the best gun law in the country and Kasich definitely played a role. DeWine played a bigger role. Not certain I'm ready for another Bush yet. It just seems like I have been choosing the lesser of two evils in the voting booth for too long. Why couldn't we be voting for another Reagan!?!

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Kasich is a good man

all the gun laws in Ohio have gotten better, not worse.

not only that, he's a no nonsense kind of guy that doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth .
His fiscal policy is sound

Ohio is a better state since he's been gov

which sadly, is often more important to getting elected today than sound/solid responsible policy

..L.T.A.

This. Kasich is a good dude and has been good for Ohio.

So many have yet to realize that a hard right wing candidate is unelectable. Screaming RINO is a waste of oxygen.

·
Administrator
73,107 Posts
Kasich is a good man

Ain't that the truth. All the significant despots of the last century (Castro, Che, Mao, Hitler, Stalin, Khrushchev... ad nausem) were charismatic personalities who used their people skills to control the masses and get them to fall in line behind them. I see little has changed, even in a so-called democracy such as ours. Having a president who acts like a rock star is more important to people than a quiet man who actually knows what the hell he's doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.