1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
I think a few of us from Georgia will be going to this one. What a coincident, the match day is also on the date that Milt Sparks died. I'm going to wear one of his holsters to commemorate this great holster maker.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Ricky. Which range do you frequent in Georgia? I get to South River every now and then to shoot 3 gun. I'm expecting a good Single Stack match, it should be great fun!

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
ipschoser1,
I shoot IDPA at South River. Occasionally shoot USPSA there too. I'm looking forward to the Single stack.
Question, I understand that you can't use a "competition only" holster. Do they consider the old Sparks 1AT a competition holster? It's forward cant (FBI) and I wear it behind the hip. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
Eric,
Thanks. I already checked with the 1911 Society and the rules was not clear on antique holsters like the Sparks 1AT, Davis, etc. I'll bring the Summer Special just in case.

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
Headhunter and I just came back from the AL SSC. What a blast. We had a great time. The seven courses of fire were really fun. The one with the three doorways was my favorite. Everyone on our squad were very friendly and helpful. The match ran so smoothly that we all got done by lunch time. And speaking of lunch, the barbecue sandwich was delicious. The weather cooperated and didn't rain on us, I didn't mind the overcast sky. I was so shocked when my name was called to the prize table, got me some bullets and powder. Thanks to all who worked the match. We'll be back next year.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As usual, the guys at Heritage did a great job of running the match. The courses were challenging and fun. Hope everyone had a good time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts