1911Forum banner

Alessi ACP

1711 10

Much have been written about Lou Alessi's ACP holster for the 1911. Although I love the 1911s, I also appreciate the utilitarian and reliable Beretta 92 series, especially the G configuration. The Pizza guns have been abused and misunderstood but with practice and proper training, the Pizza gun is fine weapon in its own right. But this thread is not about the gun, it's about the holster. The 92s have been stuffed in just about every kind of holsters from kydex to shoulder rigs to high speed low drag Safariland 6004. I wanted to have a nice and practical holster for mine and decided to contact Lou and asked him if he could make an ACP for the Beretta. Lou accomodated me and my Berettas with this black ACP that is probably the most beautiful holster that the "lowest bidder" blasters have ever been in. This rig is fast, secure and concealable for street carry, training classes and IDPA matches.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
time?

I am thinking about ordering a CQC/S for my first 1911 that I will hopefully be getting soon. I was wondering what kind of turn around time I should be looking at. I don't mind waiting because I know his work is quality. I am just wondering how long I will have to do it for is all. Thanks for the replay.

Dan

· Super Moderator
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Waiting time varies depending on weapon, availability, etc. Since my holster was for a Beretta, it had to be built as ordered, it took around 10-12 weeks.

Lightning Arms stock Lou's holsters, give them a call, they may just have your CQC/S.

· Banned
849 Posts
I've got one of Lou's holsters with Heinie's name on it. It's a piece of working art. It's too pretty for concealed carry-----------I wish I lived in Texas or somewhere that accepts open carry. I'm continually amazed at how Lou was able to use leather with such efficiency of design, and the craftsmanship is PERFECT. I'm a picky guy, and obviously so is Mr. Alessi. If I didn't live on the Left Coast, I'd love to meet the Leather Legend in person.
JM

· Super Moderator
13,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jmcneil said:
If I didn't live on the Left Coast, I'd love to meet the Leather Legend in person.
JM
That meeting can be arranged. Lou will be at the SHOT show in Las Vegas, Feb. 9-12, 2006. :)

· Registered
25 Posts
Very nice Ricky T! I prefer Nelson and Askins style holsters to pancakes, so I placed an order for an ACP last night for a 4" 1911 (SA Champion) as Christmas present to myself. This holster will compliment the GWH IWB I have already. Lou's work is top-notch :rock:. Now the wait begins.

· Registered
1,463 Posts
That's pretty. Can you guys give me an idea of the differences between the DOJ and the ACP? It looks to me like the main difference is the cut at the front of the hoslter, the DOJ is a little lower. Anything else?

· Registered
67 Posts
Ricky T said:
That meeting can be arranged. Lou will be at the SHOT show in Las Vegas, Feb. 9-12, 2006. :)
I just talked to him today... I shot the bull with him, and while I was there I was complaining about the holster I had my G19 in. I was talking to him about a CQC/S and when he found out what gun I had on, he told me that he was wearing a G19 on a CQC/S. So I got to try it out on my belt and ordered one right on the spot. He's a total professional, and does great work.:rock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.