1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did several searches and couldn't find a single good picture of the highly acclaimed Bodyguard.

Can someone please post a pic. Feel free to post more if you have them. The only one i have been able to find is a terrible one on the RFL site.

Thanks for the help.

Mr. Alessi, i know that you are very busy, but if you happen to see this could you please e-mail me one at [email protected] when you have a free moment.

Thank you,

Blombo

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Hey, Blombo, send Lou an email.
[email protected]
He'll send you a pic.
(You might have to wait quite awhile before he sees your post here.)

Just FWIW, I think the Bodyguard is the best-overall shoulder rig out there, as described at http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/shr.htm

Best of luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sawbones, thanks for the reply. I have already read your review and it is a big part of the reason that i am looking at the Bodyguard.

Lou seems like a pretty busy guy so i didn't want to bother him. I was also interested in seeing several pics from current owners. I think i would have a better idea if i saw someone actually wearing one.

Hard to believe that there isn't one good pic on the net. Oh well, hopefully someone will see this and take the time to show theirs off.

Blombo

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have used a Bodyguard since the early 80's. It has the old magnet mag carrier. It has been outstanding. It is comfortable,secure,quick,and conceals under a suit jacket. I would highly recomend one.:rock: Happy Thanksgiving to all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a great holster and i am anxious to see one. I did receive a response from Mr. Alessi today. I sent him an e-mail about 10pm last night and already had a reply today. He promised me that he would send some pictures in the next day or so as he didn't have any on his computer at the moment.

I will have to take a poll to see if Milt Sparks owners are more inclined to have digital cameras than Alessi owners. Do a search for the VM 2 and you will see what i mean. :)

Blombo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Try

Richard, i appreciate the attempt, but THAT holster is the Alessi Double Bodyguard Shoulder Holster. I guess i could get another 1911 to carry... Hmmmm perhaps that would balance it out a little.

I've looked at RFL and their photos are not of much help. I have seen so many great pics of other holsters i was hoping for one of body guard.

Here is the only one that i can find. Based on the pic i wouldn't buy it, so i am guessing it's a lot nicer than is shown.

Blombo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Blombo,

Sometimes it is better to have the actual product in hand to evaluate quality etc.

We too stock the Alessi Bodyguard witha fairly liberal return policy which is posted on our site:

www.lightningarms.com.

You may also contact RF concerning their return policy etc.

Where a picture may be an enticement and save 1000 words of comment nothing can express the true quality and craftsmanship until you have the product in hand.

Regards.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Lou Alessi is a gentleman who is absolutely committed to customer service. Regardless of where you get his shoulder holster, you'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Blombo, do you only want a picture of the holster that goes on the shoulder rig? If so, what pistol do you want it to be for? I have a Bodyguard rig for a Kahr K40 and an extra holster for a S&W M457 if this helps. I would be willing to take a closeup picture if it helps. Regards, Richard:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Richard, that would be great. The more the better. I have a Kahr P9 which is a good match for what you have. Feel free to model it if you like. ;) It would be great to see how it wears on a real person.

Thanks again for the help.

Blombo

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Richards pix show the traditional thumbstrap ("thumb break") method of retention.
I highly recommend the pull through snap instead, and Lou is the only one I know who offers this alternative.

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Richard...Why the dramatic color difference? Is the holster a different run than the harness & mag pouches?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Richard, the pictures look great and i really appreciate you taking the time to post them.

Sawbones, Lou is going to send me a pic showing the pull-through snap in the trigger. I have it drilled into my head to keep things away from the trigger unless i want the gun to go bang so this should be interesting.

Thanks again to all who posted.

Blombo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Richard, that was a pretty short thank you given all the effort you put in, so thanks again. The pictures turned out well and it really helps to see it with a Kahr as a reference point. I think that i may actually be leaning towards using it for a full size 1911, but since i also have a Kahr it was helpful. Thanks again.

PS I see that you opted not to model the holster. ;)

Blombo

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
FWIW, the harness and mag pouch on Lou's Bodyguard are of a different type of leather, quite soft, while the holster itself is of standard cowhide (steerhide), formed and boned for holding a gun, that is, quite stiff.

The mag pouch of the Bodyguard, whether single or double, is a folded-over-and-riveted type with snap-flap closure(s), and both it and the harness are of a more pliable leather. The mag pouch, like the holster, is detachable. The mag pouch has a tie-down strap, but not the holster.

Of those I have or have had (seven to date, for different guns), colors of the harness-pouch have varied from dark brown to rust-brown color to a medium tan. (It's also available in black, of course, though I've always ordered brown.)
I would guess it depends on the stock Lou has at the moment, though I suppose you could request a particular shade of leather for the harness if you wanted to.

Best.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts