1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have any input on the clip vs. the snap. Ease of on and off is important. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The CQC/I shouldn't be any more difficult to put on than the Talon. It's also more secure. However, if I remember correctly the Talon is an IWB and the CQC/I rides outside of the waistband.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> I believe the CQC/I is IWB. It has a double snap system,which secures to the belt, for easy off, and on.
------------------
<><> Raspy <><>

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
CQC/I is the Lou's IWB holster while the CQC/S is the belt holster. I have not tried a CQC/S but I really like my CQC/I.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
I have just spent the weekend at Range Master in Dallas using my new Alessi CQC/S and it was great--my very first Alessi product. Stuck a bit at the beginning, but went along well as I drew during the day. I prefer an OWB for classes, IWB for carry. I'd highly recommend the CQC, has great balance and the snaps are very convenient to attach and detach from the belt. Luigi makes a high quality piece of gunleather, you can't go wrong with his work. And this from someone who owns Kramer, Rosen, Del Fatti and Sparks (all great leathersmmiths).

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 11-03-2001).]

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have both. I use the Talon clip as my "casual" holster. It doesn't need a belt and I just "clip" it on and throw a t-shirt over. It clips to jeans, shorts just about whatever. My only "issue" is that because it has a single attachment point it moves and slides a bit. That's where the CQC/I comes in it snaps over the belt and stays in place. I had Lou modify mine with slpit loops so that I could snap it on either side of a belt loop without having to take the belt off. When worn that way it stays in place with no movement possible.

--Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts