1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here using an Alessi CQC/S belt holster? I carry a full-sized 1911 daily while wearing a business suit and have to take the gun on and off at least 3 times a day. It's kind of a pain to have to remove my belt each time, and the snap loops on the CQC/S look interesting. Any user comments are appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
The CQC/S is a superb holster. It is extremely stable on the belt. The default belt loop size for this holster is 1.5". If you're planning on using it with suits you'll probably want to specify a 1.25" belt loop size, as few suit pants belt loops will accomodate anything bigger.

Lou makes a great 1.25" belt too.

Rosco

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I have one, it is my favorite IWB holster and I have a Sparks Watch 6 that I like a lot too. I don't snap my CQC/S off my belt often the snaps make it a lot easier to put it on the belt in the first place. Lou makes a quality product and I recommend his gear highly.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Jim V:
I have one, it is my favorite IWB holster and I have a Sparks Watch 6 that I like a lot too. I don't snap my CQC/S off my belt often the snaps make it a lot easier to put it on the belt in the first place. Lou makes a quality product and I recommend his gear highly.
??? You must be talking about the new CQC/s or CQC/i because the CQC/s I am familiar with wides OWB.

D.A. Mike, the CQC/s is probably one of the nicest, and most convient belt holsters I have used. It is pretty secure, and rides nice.

For the kind of use you mention, you might also consider a GOOD paddle.

I picked up a Safariland 560 that is very nice, and the 5181/5182 series are sweet as well... The paddle locks very securely, and you never need to worry about the snap coming undone, and making your rig insecure, always my fear... Although Luigi is awesome, and would fix any problem that ever developed...

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
OOOPSIES
it is the CQC/I. Getting old and losing my......., losing my......, what ever it is I'm losing it. LOL

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am using the CQC/S and the CQC/I for an HK Compact that I carry, usually 18 hours a day, and they are both fantastic holsters.
The CQC/S is very fast off and on the belt.
I have an Alessi for my 1911 also. I am sold on Alessi holsters.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Gentlemen, Thanks a million for the comments,
praise, and confidence in that holster.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments everyone. I was able to find a photo of the holster at www.rfholsters.com, but the photo isn't very clear and I can't really get a good idea of the design features to determine whether or not this model would be right for me. Anyone have a link to a better picture, maybe showing both sides of the holster?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
624 Posts
DAMike, Check your E-mail. I sent you a picture of the CQC/S. Thanks a million for the interest in our products.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Gunner, Check your E-mail also, and thanks for that order. Hope you like the products.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lou,
Got the photo. Very clear and a very nice looking holster. I suspect I will be placing an order for one in the not-too-distant future.

Now, if you've got something similar in a single mag pouch (with a snap loop) , then I'll just have to order a whole rig! :)
-Mike

·
Registered
624 Posts
Mike, We sure do have a single mag pouch that snaps onto the belt. Unfortunately, I don't have a good photo of that.
Thanks again,
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

B

·
0 Posts
You don't really need to order it with 1.25" belt loops. Mine came with 1.5 loops (ordered through Heinie-I had ordered it with 1.25" loops, their mistake). I was pleasantly surprised it gripped my Sparks Sharkskin 1.25" belt just fine and my BHP pops out crisply each time. Plus I can use a 1.5" belt if I choose. I think the width of the loop combined with the tight fit of the loop on the belt compensates for that .25" difference (Correct me if I'm wrong Lou). I find it is very stable and a lot more comfortable than any other holster including the Uncle Mike's Kydex Paddle I recently bought (I needed a holster NOW and couldn't wait!!!). To answer Gunner's post I find the slight FBI tilt on the holster aids in drawing and insertion. I find the straight up and down holsters to be a bit awkward especially if they ride high.

All my future (aside from inexpensive tie me over till I get the good stuff holsters) will be the CQCS

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the additional comments. Looks like I'm sold! I've been searching for a belt holster with an easy on/off feature, but have been dissapointed with the paddle holster designs I've tried. My Sparks SS IWB works fine, but isn't what I want while wearing a traditional business suit. The comments on the FBI cant vs. straight drop are also relevant to me. I'm currently using a good quality high-ride straight drop holster, but with a full sized 1911 I find that the draw is somewhat constrained as I try to clear the leather. Sound like the cant is what I need and a CQC/S with snap on mag pouch will do me just fine. If I go with the 1.5" loops, then (from BK-BHP 1991's comments) I should be OK using it with my 1.25" dress belts (custom made double thickness cowhide), and could also use the CQC/S with my Sparks 1.5" belt that I wear with jeans. I've always been taught that the belt should match the belt loops, and the holster loops should match the belt, but if the CQC/S is as secure as I'm hearing I shouldn't expect too much additional slack when using it with a 1.25" belt. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
-Mike

·
Registered
624 Posts
Mike, Your right in that the belt slots, or loops should match the width of the belt you are using, except in the case of the CQC/S holster. This system works equally well with a 1.5" belt, or a 1.25" belt. It has to do with the way the loops are designed, and constructed, and the leverage applied by the loops to the belt. I wear mine with both width belts and don't notice any difference in the performance with either belt width.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where is the best place on the Internet to see the Alessi holsters? Want to try to carry a P-14. Have to take it off and on about 3 times per day. Wearing untucked shirt in warm weather and windbreaker or jackets when cooler. Right hip or behind the hip is good. Often in the car. Whichever holster will carry the P-14 weight the best. Appreciate any recommendations. Many thanks. G

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the tip, Lou. So you're saying that using a 1.5" CQC/S with a 1.25" belt I won't experience any additional slack in the drawstroke, like I might with a traditional belt holster design? If so, I'll take your word for it and when I place my order I'll request the 1.5" version, although I admit I'll be a little nervous about the fit until I actually try it. I'm also worried that the holster wouldn't be as stable and might shift around on the 1.25" belt. Would this be the case?

By the way, are these horsehide or cowhide?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
624 Posts
Mike, The design of the belt loops allows the holster to work with either size belt, and it won't shift around at all with the 1-1/4" belt. Besides our guarantee is simple. If you don't like anything about the rig you receive, just send it back, for a refund, no questions asked.

George, Best place to go would be our distributor www.rfholsters.com They have pictures of most of our products on their web page.
Thanks for the interest.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Mike, buy the hoslter, Lou is one of the, if not the, nicest guys in the holster business.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't worry, Jim. I've already made the decision to place an order through rfholsters. Just have to wait 'till the end of the month when I've got some spare change to throw around.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts