1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The picture speaks for its self, simply amazing in design and craft. this is by far the best I have seen.
Thank You Lou and Dane.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Shay,

That's one sharp looking setup!

I've been looking into IWB's myself, and was wondering if the Burns model was reinforced at the mouth, allowing one hand reholstering?

Let us know how it performs for you.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The GWH made by Alessi designed by Dane is reinforced at the top and the "U" shaped sight chanel keeps the holster from collapsin all the way down to the muzzle end, unlike some holsters that are only reinforced at the mouth with a thin metal band that if you lay on your side while shooting will collapse and make it impossible to reholster your weapon. this is now my 3rd GWH which I have been carrying a fullsize 1911 for atleast 12 hours a day and it is holding up very well. I spent 5 days in humid 98 degrees training and the holster even when soaked in sweat kept its nice tight hold of the gun and rolling on the ground while shooting, it never collapsed, even under my 240 pounds

it is way underpriced for the quality you get in workmanship and design. the reason i got 3 is to fit different belts.

Regards,
Shay

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> sir, if you don't mind me asking. what does an outfit like that go for? is the holster all shark or shark trim? is that a double mag pouch on the belts left side? it sure is purdy. raspy

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mag pouches are 3 single pouches. both the mag pouches and holster are cordovan with black shark trim.
I am not sure about the price because it was paid together with some other stuff. best thing to do is call Allesi or send email for a price.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Is this holster featured on the R&F website? I can't seem to find it...what does BCP/GWH stand for? The setup is absolutely gorgeous...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Gigi,, That holster is only available from Dane Burns, and his web site is: www.burnscustom.com We make the holster exclusively for him to his specs.
Thanks for the compliment on the quality.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The holster appears very thin and comfortable, like the Talon Plus, only with a wide belt loop. I really like it.

So little money, so many toys...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts