1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the hot humid weather in NC, I haven't been wearing a t-shirt much lately. But when carrying my SA ROC with an Alien Gear Tuck 2.0 the magazine release feels like a drill bit on my back. I don't have this issue with my M&P Shield 40, it has much smoother edges.
I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue but I found an easy fix that doesn't include a dremel tool.
I added a small piece moleskin to just cover the magazine release.
I've worn it for a week now, it seems to have solved the problem.
I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
IMO it's a carry gun that could save your life. I have filed and sanded all the rough edges down on my 1911. I don't worry about resale. The moleskin is a good idea. But is it just sticking to the neoprene with adhesive?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
There's a good reason why that holster didn't come with a covered magazine release to begin with. Hopefully you won't find out the hard way why that is.

Dehorning is your friend. :)

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I've been wearing an Alien Gear IWB for 2 weeks now and the only thing I wish it had was one more hole on each side for the belt clips. If I could just get the gun to sit a tad bit higher, it would be perfect. It's not a big enough deal but it would be nice :)

I'm going to order a CZ75 shell for it next. I love the fact that I only have to spend 13 bucks to carry a different gun in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
230slugster, yes I folded the moleskin over onto itself and directly on the neoprene.

T. Kanaley, I am not familiar with the reason the magazine release is not covered. I've seen a few that are i.e. N82 tactical. Can you please elaborate. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I'm going to guess its the same reason you never ever never use an extended or oversized mag release on a carry/duty gun.

The last thing you want is pressure from day to day wear accidentally releasing your mag and you not noticing. On a 1911 your now stuck with with a single shot. If your carrying an unmodified Hi Power or other gun with a mag disconnect your stuck with a club.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point mark2734. The moleskin is very flexible and after a few hours of wearing it, the moleskin conformed around magazine release. With the pressure required to depress the release to drop the magazine I don't think it could accidentally release.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts