1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for a P18-9 at the local shop today. The dealer looked up stock with his distributor and it showed an all black P18-9 w/three dot sights, not adjustable. I asked if it was single action and he said yes. Does this gun exist or is there a miscommunication? Old stock perhaps? I don't see this gun on Para's site. It was also $100 more than the SS model.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
2bigfeet said:
Was looking for a P18-9 at the local shop today. The dealer looked up stock with his distributor and it showed an all black P18-9 w/three dot sights, not adjustable. I asked if it was single action and he said yes. Does this gun exist or is there a miscommunication? Old stock perhaps? I don't see this gun on Para's site. It was also $100 more than the SS model.

Thanks for any help.
The only all black 18.9 in the para catalog for 2007 is the Tac-Five CTX18.9B but it is an LDA with adjustable sights and a mag well.

One sure way to tell if its LDA or single action is to look at the hammer. Is it a spurred hammer or a flat hammer? If its spurred it is probably a single action (some older LDA pistols had spurred hammers too) if it is flat it is an LDA.

Are the cocking serrations verticle or at an angle. If they are verticle it is an older model pistol (Pre PXT) slanted is with pxt.

In the 2006 and 2005 catalog (yes I keep them all) there is a DX18.9E in covert black and fixed sights which sounds like what you are describing. But again its an LDA, not a single action. I dont know that Para has ever made a covert black 18.9 in single action. If they did it was a long time ago. May be wrong but I am willing to bet it is an LDA.

·
Registered
160 Posts
2bigfeet said:
Thanks for your reply. I did have it confirmed. You are right, it is a Tac-Five LDA.
No problem

That is what I thought it was. Would explain the extra $100 too. For the adjustable sights and the magwell.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Get it. I have a Tac 5 and it rules. Feels like I'm shooting a pellet gun. The only thing I don't like about it are the Novak adjustable sights. Might have to change those out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts