1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does SA make a model that is all SS in the compact size (officers model)?
I am looking at the SS Compact Stainless Kimber. I do like the SA firearms own a Champion as I prefer all steel (frame and slide)

However, in looking for a comparable model in all SS in the compact with 4 inch barrel officer;s size I do not see one from SA..

Am I missing it? PLease let me know thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
i have a compact and wish they made them in stainless too. i called springfield and they only make the compact in black (anodized alloy frame and blued steel slide). the springfield compact is everything i wanted ergonomically for carry. i would definitely buy a stainless compact if they offered it up.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The Springfield Armory PX9161L is an Officer's sized pistol with a frame and slide made of stainless steel but the barrel is not ported like the V-10 model.

I'm looking for one and was told that Steve at Scottsdale Guns was the man to talk to. I called Steve and he was helpful but he is out of stock and states that Springfield has no intention of starting another production run until February or March of next year.

If anyone knows of any for sale at a reasonable price, please post here. Steve quoted $629 and I have been quoted $659 and $679 but low quotes aren't the answer if they don't have the guns. A lot of places are quoting prices approaching MSR and I'll wait until next year before I pay ourtrageous prices.

Anyone know of any at a reasonable price?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts