1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on the Sig forum (not known to be a troll) is stirring the pot about some test alleged to have been conducted by USMC in which all 1911's submitted failed. Anyone know anything about this test? Just another urban legend starting to surface?

:barf:

Sig Forum Thread

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I see only a post designed to cause controversy with no documentation of any "testing" My guess someone is trying to start a firefight.

Looks like a load of BS to me and not worth the time it took to read the thread.

Regards,

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I noted two people asked for a link to this information and none was given. Until there is a link for at least correlation validity then it is just a rumor. I do remember only two shops pasted the tests for the FBI so maybe the Marines just want the very best, but it would be helpful if the poster gave his source.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. The poster in that other forum obviously does not like or respect 1911s, and thinks Sigs are the only great gun. He just came on, said they all failed, didn't post any info or link, and then left.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
(not known to be a troll)
But it would appear that he may have become one.

Many of the posters asked for the link or verification of the statement but he, Devestate Brave aka: Fred, has not come back with the info. :rolleyes:

He probably wants the USMC to adopt the new SIG GSR 1911. ;)

BS thread at best.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
BS.

Closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.