1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago, there was a discussion here on bears that was pretty informative. Here's one: My sister moved to Florida a few years ago and recently moved to a very, very nice developement. While touring her beautiful house and grounds, I saw an alligator that was @ 6 ft long in a pond behind their house about 40 yards away. She seemed a little concerned but my brother-in-law was pretty much unfazed by it. Not that I know anything about gators, but I got to thinking, "What if you HAD to take one out?" Do they have a thick skull like a bear? If it took a hit in the side that didn't kill it, would it continue to attack or swim away? I didn't think they would be loners, but (so far) it's the only gator in their pond. By the way, while we were in Florida and did all the usual stuff & attractions, we stopped by this place called "Gatorland" and they have a thing called the "Jumparoo" where they dangle meat over their gators in the water and, I kid you not, the freakin' gators would launch up and snap up the meat. I never thought they could go up as high as they did and I'm talking some pretty good sized ones too. I guess the fellas from the South would be the experts on this one.

· Banned
13,763 Posts
This is marginally gun-related, at best.

Just like any bear discussions that ultimately always get shut down on this forum, there is no such thing as too big a caliber for dangerous game.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.