1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been working on it everyday for a couple weeks now, all I like is a little more blending and fine sanding then off to get the barrel recrowned to match bushing, then cerakoat flat black the frame, slide, grip safety and mainspring housing and then I can install the night sights and stainless grip screws n bushings, finally got it to where I could shoot it today to make sure all my tuning and tweaking was good, 5 mags of hardball but no issues except the rubber Colt grips were alittle tall and didn't allow the slide stop to work on last round, a slight trim on the top corner of the rubber and perfection, here's a list of what I got

RIA frame
RIA Slide, barrel, extractor
Colt SS grip screws
C&S hammer, sear, disconnector
WC SS pin kit
WC SS mag release
Fusion SS trigger
Fusion SS Slide stop
Fusion SS thumb safety
Fusion SS barrel bushing
Chip McCormick grip safety
Colt Delta Elite grips
WC spring kit
WC titanium firing pin
EGW Titanium hammer spur
Colt SS grip bushings
WC guide rod
Fusion rod cap

Here's a couple pics keep in mind I'm not 100% done and this is my first 1911 build

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's some nice looking work you have done. I would really like to do the same thing to mine. There is nothing better that doing thing your self. You should be very proud of your self.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Thank you! I am happy with the way it is turning out, it's been an adventure that's for sure, I think I have put it together and taken it apart around 300-400 times lol least it has felt like it. Not as hard as I have been told it would be but I can see it's not for everyone for sure, very time consuming on parts fitting, NOTHING just dropped in except the WC drop in beavertail grip safety I first had, it was so sloppy I bought a Chip McCormick and had to completely fit it and the frame to each other but it fits way better

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just keep looking at your pictures and my Rock and picking up on how much you have work you have done. It's so nice and smooth compared to how square they are stock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which Fusion safety did you use?
It was just a Colt mil spec satin stainless thumb safety, I got it off of ebay, I decided to sand and polish everything stainless instead if the satin look, still not done with any of that lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just keep looking at your pictures and my Rock and picking up on how much you have work you have done. It's so nice and smooth compared to how square they are stock.
I've done a lot of re shaping with the good ol file, I got it feeling good to my hand, I'm not a fan of checkering, lines or chain link cuts n stuff, I like the smooth look so I filed the lines off the mainspring housing and took the edges off

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Very nice! I really love the total "holster-wear" patina you've given it. May I ask what sights you intend to mount?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice! I really love the total "holster-wear" patina you've given it. May I ask what sights you intend to mount?
I have a set of Trijicon night sights that I've got fitted and ready to go after the cerakote gets applied

1 - 10 of 10 Posts