1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Folks. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

I wanted to post a few photos of my ALPHA HIDEbriD Shadow. I made a few of these for my local buddies, and after it gained a little interest I made a few more for their friends. I'm proud to report that I've received nothing but positive feedback.

The Shadow is a OWB to IWB Holster Converter. It's made of Kydex and comes with the back panel covered with a soft synthetic felt fabric, which aids in extended carry comfort. It's design is ambidextrous and will pretty much convert any OWB slotted/looped holster manufactured for any handgun, to IWB concealed carry. It can be installed/removed from the host holster in about 5 seconds and is adjustable for height and cant.

I recently ordered and received a [OWB] Glock Combat Holster and I've been using it with the Shadow. The comfort and function equals that of some of the nicest leather IWB rigs I've owned and worn in the past. The cool thing is that one (1) ALPHA HIDEbriD Shadow will probably convert most of the OWB holsters that you own to IWB carry, regardless of the type of handgun and caliber for which the host holster is made for.

Anyway, let me know what you think. All opinions and commentary will be appreciated.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice concept, and appears to be a very good execution. One question though, is it a permanent conversion, or "easily" swapped back and forth?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, pdogkilr.

It easily swaps out to just about any holster, made for any handgun, in any caliber..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much?
I've been selling them to my local buds for $20. I sold the last few right before Christmas but I'll be making more in the next few days. The majority of the next batch of Shadows will come with a black or gray felt backing.

If I have to ship I'll have to add for shipping fees, packaging and labeling, so add another $5.75 if shipping ConUS.

Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice concept! Can you make one with an extended back panel that provides a barrier between the gun and the carrier's skin?
lonniefrank
Absolutely. I can make it with an extended body shield in any size. The Shadow has a 5"(W) x 3.25"(L) body shield/panel covered in felt. In most applications that should be enough to cover 90% of the host holster.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A quick update report on the GHOST.

I've been carrying my Glock 30/ Glock Combat Holster combo for three days with the GHOST IWB Converter. It's just as comfortable as the Shadow, which is surprising because it's so much smaller than the Shadow. I think the transparent GHOST belt clips came out pretty good. They're working great.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The GHOST SG has an integrated Slide Guard and is designed for OWB holsters that have a forward cant [up to 15 degrees].

1 - 12 of 12 Posts