1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in 2010 I ordered an Executive Elite from Jerry and I haven't looked back. I've bought several guns since then and sold several. None compare to my EBEE. Love it to death. So a friend asked who I bought my gun from and I gave him Jerry's contact info. Yes I still have it after 5 years...

So I start helping my friend look at gun choices and I check out EB's site for the first time in 5 years and I see this new (to me) line of pistols... The Alpha...

What am I missing? Is this not just the same thing as the SF? It's a pretty plain jane 1911 with chain link checkering. Is it simply that there are no options on those guns? Simple take it or leave it type marketing option here from EB?

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
The Alpha series are sold only through our partnered distributors.

I read that as built with options these specific sellers wanted. They ordered X amount and got their run made.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Good to see you back on here too, its been a while. I too love me EE, its my favorite to handle, shoot, hold and look at.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
To answer your question phid, yes, it's just an Ed Brown with specific options. You could build the same gun by ordering an Executive Elite, Kobra or Special Forces and just adding the options you see on the Alpha. The only part you wouldn't get is the logo and who really cares about that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts