1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the guys who have a box full of holsters meaning they have tried many. I really like my Braveheart for my Commander and my Micro-Compact. I have a Braveheart for a full size 1911 on order now for over a year. No response to an Email and I have just about given up on ever getting it.

Anyway my question is I'm looking for an kytex holster IWB with C type clips. I need to remove my holster at least once a day and I like the convience of the C type clips that goes over the belt. I had high hopes for the Desantis Scorpion, but the fit to the pistol is poor and I don't like having the front of the slide exposed. I don't like J type clips Fist Holsters have and don't like the rubber bands Blade Tech uses. I have never tried Comp-Tac. If anyone familiar with the Braveheart know of a good replacement? Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
No response to an Email and I have just about given up on ever getting it.
I keep hoping that one day Dave will pull his head out. He still ships stuff out, just not on any normal timeline it seems with no communication.

I regret ever recommending his stuff to anyone.

·
Super Moderator
13,559 Posts
Not replying to the customers is a big no no for me.

Are you familiar with www.ravenconcealment.com ? They in Ohio. I really like their stuff, conceals better than just about any other kydex holsters. You can order different belt loops/clips for OWB or IWB carry.

I got another one for my M&P .45. Here is a picture in the OWB format. I also bought the optional "tuckable overhook clips" for IWB wear, it works quite well also, although I don't use it as a tuck rig.

[/

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
+1 on the Comp-Tac Gurkha by Gregg Garrett.
Same basic design features as the Braveheart, better materials and stronger too.

Yes, I own both rigs and have dealt with both makers.
Gregg Garrett will deliver in a week or less and is a really good guy. His business has taken off and runs well.
Dave Elderton may be a nice guy, but he has a lot of excuses and is, well, just plain unreliable. My wait time for the first holster I ordered from him (this is Kydex, mind you) was 5 months. I never did get the second one, and eventually gave up on waiting.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can sure relate. I was promised delivery in 30 days - five months ago. I've talked to him three or four times and he always promises "this week" but weeks keep coming and going. I don't mind waiting six months for a superior product if I'm told about it up front, but don't BS me. I'd planned on competing with a new pistol a month ago but I've just been out of luck.

This Friday I'll be sending him a certified letter canceling my order. It's a shame because he's a heck of a nice guy and makes a fine product. He just seems to have no concept of keeping a commitment to a customer. He really is a nice guy and I hope he turns things around.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everybody who responded. After doing some more homework and contacting Com-Tac I have decided to try the Infidel with their version of a removable C type clip. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it won't end up in my box of unused holsters. I'm sure most of us understand.:rolleyes:

Ricky T, I'm in Ohio and I had never heard of www.ravenconcealment.com . I liked the look of their quad mag pouch for Single Stack Matches, but at almost $110 I'll have to pass until I see on in person. Maybe someone will have one at the Single Stack Classic.

I'll post on my impressions when my Infidel comes in. Hopefully I've found a new holster company and yes Dave I sometimes carry my DW CBOB in kytex. Sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Gary - I don't care for Kydex for IWB, but my dealings with Comp-Tac have all been stellar. I used one of their OWB rigs for a class several years ago (the settable cant), and have some AR, flashlight and 1911 mag pouches from them as well.

Great products, superb customer service. Hope you like the rig!

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My order was over a year ago by bank check. He cashed it a long time ago. I've contacted him too with no reply. I'd be happy just to get my money back.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think those of us that have paid him are just out of luck. He's had my money since September (he promised 30 days max) and has missed 4 ship dates so far. I could be wrong but I suspect that he doesn't even have the money (or credit) to buy materials any more. It's a shame because he had a nice product.

BTW for those who think that paying by credit card will protect you... The credit card companies usually forbid charging the card until the product ships. The funds may be reserved, but not actually charged until the package goes out the door. David charges the card up front and then supplies plenty of excuses (but no product) until it's too late to dispute the charges.

BTW: Those that paid by mail, especially if they used a postal money order may have recourse through a criminal fraud complaint to the Postal Inspectors.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Another vote for Comp-Tac. They are extremely good to deal with, and I don't see how they get the holster to you so fast. Absolutely great products, and service.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts