1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh yeah... the look and feel I wanted. :biglaugh:

I was very impressed at the good grip that the Aluma Grips provide without being abrasive! :)

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
I've known Chris, the owner/manufacturer of Alumagrips since his first year in business. Most honorable man in my history. I've even seen photos of a KABOOM with Alumagrips on, they bulged, but saved the shooter's hand. Wood grips would have been shrapnel. I can't speak highly enough about them.

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
I've known Chris, the owner/manufacturer of Alumagrips since his first year in business. Most honorable man in my history. I've even seen photos of a KABOOM with Alumagrips on, they bulged, but saved the shooter's hand. Wood grips would have been shrapnel. I can't speak highly enough about them.

AZ, since you know him....Can you plead, beg and beg some more for us to chris??? I truly want him to make a line of double diamond traditional grips in aluminum....I think these would outsell every single other alumagrip he has. I recently just got a pair of cnc'd wood grips with a border and DW logo in the middle....I thought to myself how easily Chris could make these. DD alumagrips would rock!!!

Now...truth be told, I've had several converssations with Chris and mentioned this to him once. He told me that his grips are different than traditional and does not plan to go there...I think from a pure business standpoint, he could not lose....I would buy them in a heartbeat.... anyone else think that double diamond alumagrips would be killer?????

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would love a pair, I hate to tear up my new SA crossed cannons, besides for a carry gun I would really like them

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a pair on my Bobtailed Scandium Commander that I just love.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
I love mine. :rock:

With Springfield logo

SW1911 with the US Seal on one and the US Navy seal on the other. Done by Gungrips.net

Robert

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
anyone else think that double diamond alumagrips would be killer?????
I agree, something plain and traditional, just black double diamond with traditional checkering. It's nice the owner wants to be "different" but some gun guys are pretty set in their ways and like classic designs.

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
I forwarded this thread to Chris at Alumagrips. We'll see what happens! He's working on some radical new ideas that he'll be displaying at the SHOT Show. Something to do with a whole new magwell design??? And he finally gave in and started making grips for the Hi-Power after much demand. There may be hope for you DD traditionalists!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts