1911Forum banner

Alumagrips Owners Get In Here

824 5
Im in the market looking for some grips and Im kind of fond of the smooth alumagrips in clear. I was curious if any stainless kimber owners have them or seen them in use. I was curious if the clear aluminium grips match the color of the stainless kimber. If they dont how much are they off? Thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
735 Posts
I think they are a very close match to the stainless finish, are cool grips and there is a pair in the gear for sale page on this site smooth for $35 bucks, government/commander frame.

CG.

I'll see if i can post the link.

here it is.

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129776

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I PMed him last night... Im goin to take em once he sends me his info. :D

Im hoping someone on here has done this setup so they can post pics for me :D

· Premium Member
739 Posts
Anyone ever have any corrosion problems from dissimular metals (aluminum and stainless) when using Alumagrips? Seems like it would be a perfect galvanic corrosion setup. Thats the only thing thats stopped me from using Alumagrips.

· Banned
7,478 Posts
Here's the "other two" colors for comparison on stainless pistols. At least one pistol is a Kimber! I switch them back and forth at whim. (Pink brick adds a little cast to the photos.)

Grey grips top. Black bottom. The flat top checkering works better for me. Smooth enough to get a fast grip, then "grippy" with a tighter grip. (Yeah grip three times in one sentence!).

No dissimilar metal reaction. No surprise as the slide on the Ultra is stainless and the frame is aluminum and these have no problems whatsoever.

-- Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.