1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year a got a very nice 2007 Predator in Diamond Black. After getting the NH I sold my TRP Operator. I really wish I could have my exact gun but with a rail. I am debating on trying to trade my gun for another high end, (Wilson / Nighthawk), with a rail. My predator has been flawless and shoots great. Opinions? Do I have a gun that you'd keep or just another Nighthawk?
Here are the specs.

Predator 5” with tactical barrel
Complete diamond black finish
No front cocking serrations
10-8 rear sight with tritium front.

I'm mainly just talking out loud and trying to decide if my gun is very rare.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Earlier this year a got a very nice 2007 Predator in Diamond Black. After getting the NH I sold my TRP Operator. I really wish I could have my exact gun but with a rail. I am debating on trying to trade my gun for another high end, (Wilson / Nighthawk), with a rail. My predator has been flawless and shoots great. Opinions? Do I have a gun that you'd keep or just another Nighthawk?
Here are the specs.

Predator 5” with tactical barrel
Complete diamond black finish
No front cocking serrations
10-8 rear sight with tritium front.

I'm mainly just talking out loud and trying to decide if my gun is very rare.

No clue, but apparently you are proud of your 3 plaques as you should be.....question is, what are they from? tracy

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you like it hold on to it. NH doesn't offer diamond black any more. Yes there are many predators out there but the ones exactly like yours? Probably not so much. If you can only afford one then I would say sell but only if you wont hate yourself later. If you can just keep it and save for another and enjoy the one you have in the meantime. Theres nothing wrong with having two:D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I noticed you said another railed gun in your heading. If you already have a railed gun why not keep the Hawk. It's a beauty and if it runs fine I would just keep it and save up for another railed gun if thats what you want. Also like Chris mentioned if NHC doesn't do the Diamond black I would hold onto it. It's a beautiful 1911 and I wouldn't part with it myself, but its really your decision in the end. That 1911 would make an awesome CCW imo,

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
While maybe not ideal, you can have a rail installed. I'd be hesitant to do that to such a nice pistol but it is an option. Personally I'd keep it and save for another and just get a new one with a rail when you have saved the funds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I no longer have a railed 1911. I sold my TRP Operator after getting this Predator. I've always wanted a Wilson but am very happy with this NH. I don't think I could have a rail installed and be happy with it. I am relatively new to nighthawks. If someone could PM me ballpark on what I should ask for this if I decide to put it up for sale I'd appreciate it.
BTW the plaques are from the three times I shot the Heavy Metal class at my local 3 Gun with the Predator.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You like the one you have. You've won competitions using it. It is customized for you. Hmmmmm.....
Very wise words. Plus if you try and trade you will lose your @$$. Just save and buy a new one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not crazy for wanting another rail gun...

You are obviously very effective w/ your present piece. It's an awesome advantage to have a railed weapon available to you - especially if it is a working gun, attend increasingly popular night shoots/competitions or it's the go to nightstand gun. If you have the means - go for it...life is too short.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts