1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or am I smart?

I just recently acquired a CBOB and am in the process of breaking it in. It is a heck of a gun so I started thinking about another DW down the road. Then I saw a Valor online at Bud's, which is local for me. My gun budget was pretty well wiped out but I had been hearing of rumors of significant price increases the first of they year. So, I decided to go ahead and order it on their layaway plan.

So, am I crazy for putting a gun in layaway that I haven't actually seen or am I smart for reserving it while they had one and before any rumored price increase?

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Are you crazy to grab a Valor while you can? Pfffft, you shouldn't even have to ask that question! :biglaugh:

You will be VERY pleased when you get it. It is one heck of a nice piece of equipment.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
That's not crazy, that's financial planning at it's finest right there! Let's say that worst case, you get the Valor, and it just doesn't do it for you. Do you honestly think you'll have ANY trouble getting your money back out of it? Especially after any supposed price increases take effect? I don't.
Congratulations!
Sarge

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yep, you're smart. The Valor is an excellent choice and the timing is perfect.

Please post some pictures of your new Valor, once you have it home.

Best regards.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought my Valor without actually seeing one up close. I bought based on Dan Wesson's reputation, the Valor reviews I read and the comments posted on this forum......and I have absolutely no regrets! One of the better decisions I have made for awhile.

Congratulations....and I hope you enjoy your Valor as much as I am enjoying mine.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
KYJim, sounds like a solid investing plan to me.

So what is the rationale behind the price increase - supply and demand for a great weapon or perhaps the Obamanation and the UN coming for our guns?

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
You're not crazy. I've bought several guns sight unseen and haven't been disappointed yet. Afew from Bud's etc. Read the return policy of the folks you would purchase from before buying. Because once the the transfer is complete,it's yours. When the pistol arrives at your FFL, DON"T do the paper work until you thoroughly check the gun out. HTH

Mike

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Bought mine sight unseen. Good move on my part.

You did the right thing.

You will not be sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Nothing to fear Brother! Bought my Valor sight unseen...... Never looked back! Great decision!!

Wes

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
That's what I like about these gun boards, so supportive! :biglaugh: I won't have any problem in paying it off. I just have to bump back that Eotech for my AR again and make a couple of other adjustments in my gun budget.

I decided to drive down by Buds and make my down payment in cash. I got to fondle the Valor a little before they took it back (after wiping off the drool). It was more gorgeous in person than in photos.

So what is the rationale behind the price increase - supply and demand for a great weapon or perhaps the Obamanation and the UN coming for our guns?
Not sure, could be both. It could also be that with the dollar going down in value, metals and other raw material prices are up. If that's the case, then a lot of guns will be higher priced.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
A perfectly sound move there neighbor. Nothing (legal) you do to get a Valor into your arsenal can be bad or bad for you. Good for you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts