1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1991 NRM Series 80 Governement and Commander in blue and I was thinking of a Lightweight Commander to add to the set... so I was looking on Colt's website trying to figure out want I wanted...

Am I going crazy... or did Colt have a 1991 Series 80 Commander (NRM) with an aluminum frame?

I can see the (O4860XSE) XSE Lightweight Commander on Colt's site, but I could have sworn they had a LW Commander in the 1991 configuration, along with the (O4691) Carbon Steel and (O4091U) Stainless Steel offerings....

Colt 1991 Series
Colt XSE Series

Did they discontinue it?
Or am I completely mistaken, and they never offered it?

Thanks,
Cameron

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,215 Posts
Never a lightweight '91.

·
Administrator
73,386 Posts
No, unfortunately Colt only offers a lightweight XSE.

And PLEASE use the default font from now on..... my eyes are getting bad enough as it is. :hrm:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dsk - No, unfortunately Colt only offers a lightweight XSE.

And PLEASE use the default font from now on..... my eyes are getting bad enough as it is.
Thanks for the info.

Have no clue what you are talking about with the fonts... all the text in this thread looks the same to me.

Cameron

·
Administrator
73,386 Posts
Strange. From my PC at least the font in your first post is really tiny. Then again, this thing has been wracked with viruses in the past so who knows.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
LW 1991a1

I have a SS LW Commander 1991a1 model. The blue plastic case has a label showing it as model number 04091U. It seems to me that some unusual transitional models make it out of the factory from time to time. This pistol also has the "Dimpled" ramp. Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts