1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new IDPA shooter just starting out and have had significant problems with tactical reloads due to the fact that the empty mag will not fall out on my CZ75. It just sticks about 2 inches out of the bottom of the grip. I need to pull int out (real sticky) with my free hand before reloading. I started to explore the problem and determined that it was a flat spring on the inside of the grip that evidently looks like it was designed to push the mag forward. I removed the spring and the mags seem to seat properly and release as smooth as silk.

Did I mess anyting up during this procedure. I saved the part and beleve that if push comes to shove I can reinstall it prior to firing. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Yes, you missed something. I have a CZ 75BD and had the same problem. I contacted CZ-USA and asked for the spring out of a CZ 85. I was told they were the same and to just "bend" it till the mags would drop free. I said send me one in case I break it.

By leaving the spring out, it is possible to jam up the reload as the new mag may hang up on the frame where the screws attach the stocks to the frame.

I bent it and about had it where I needed it. I took a file and removed some metal on the frame where the screws go through on the frame that hold the stocks on. since you have taken it apart, you will know where I am talking about. Cold blued and reassembled. Works like it's supposed to now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John...good point on the new mag jamming. I can see that possibility. I appreciate the advice and will start bending!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts