1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All comments and suggestions welcomed.

I'm going to buy my first handgun very soon. I have some handgun experience, mostly with the Glock 17 9mm, and a .357 revolver. I've also taken a handgun safety class.

After doing lots of reading, I decided I was interested in the Kimber models, probably for the same reasons you all own them. Within their line up, I narrowed it down to the Tactial Pro and the Pro CDP. The gun will be used almost exclusively at the range until I am comfortable enough with it to have it available for home/self defense.

Am I nuts to spend close to 1k on my first handgun? It is a LOT of money.....

Also, any comments between the choice of Tactical Pro vs Pro CDP?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Am I nuts to spend close to 1k on my first handgun? It is a LOT of money.....
Nope, good guns cost money! Especially if you will eventually use it for defense, buy the best you can. I have 2 Kimbers and 1 SA Mil-Spec that cost half of what one Kimber cost. If I did it over again I'd skip the SA and go straight to the Kimbers, they're that much better. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
IMO there is no such thing as a bargin defense gun.

Not to say there aren't plentyof lower cost guns that run well, I just don't believe in bargin CCWs.

My Kimber Pro CDP and HK USP .45C compose my two CCW I chose from.

·
Registered
302 Posts
man i'm getting a tactical proII in 5days it got ordered. as much as ive researched i like this gun it kicks ass im not even scared bout the price b/c i thnk its definitly worth it. im even looking into lasering it with a crimsontrace laser at www.crimsontrace.com. the crim looks nice check it out for the kimber...

·
Registered
195 Posts
NewGuy, welcome aboard! Excellent choices, I just bought the 10mm Stainless II. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get another:D If you can handle both and that may help you decide which one to get. Lastly, don't let all of the anti-II guys scare you off. After reading all of their posts I thought I made a bad decision...untill I got to the range. WOW!!! I made the right decision and so will you. Let us know which one you get and how it shoots. Good luck. rocko.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i totally agree with the rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR C$$K OUT!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just bought my first handgun recently and I too bought a Kimber albeit a full size Stainless II. I've been extremely happy with it's performance so far. If you want a quality gun and settle for a cheaper one you'll always regret not getting what you really wanted. Particularly if the cheap one doesn't operate well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts