1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Confucius says: "A man who knows what he does not know is a man who knows " .
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted about ham radio in other areas ,for those interested go to ARRL.org everything you need to know is there . For those who would like to listen to the world go to websdr.org you can literally listen to the world on your computer .

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have posted about ham radio in other areas ,for those interested go to ARRL.org everything you need to know is there . For those who would like to listen to the world go to websdr.org you can literally listen to the world on your computer .
.. / .... .- ...- . / -... . . -. / .- / .... .- -- / ..-. --- .-. / ..--- ..--- / -.-- . .- .-. ... / --- .-.. -.. / ... -.-. .... --- --- .-.. / . -..- - .-. .- / .- - / ..--- ..... / .-- --- .-. -.. ... / .- / -- .. -. ..- - .

If you can read this... You're an Old School HAM - KD5JBN

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.. / .... .- ...- . / -... . . -. / .- / .... .- -- / ..-. --- .-. / ..--- ..--- / -.-- . .- .-. ... / --- .-.. -.. / ... -.-. .... --- --- .-.. / . -..- - .-. .- / .- - / ..--- ..... / .-- --- .-. -.. ... / .- / -- .. -. ..- - .

If you can read this... You're an Old School HAM - KD5JBN
LOL I am not that old school (code is on my short list as something very important to learn ) ,I do believe the person out there with a 10 watt battery powered CW rig will be communicating for the world when the stuff hits the fan. kg5zjy 40 meters most nights after 10 pm central .

·
Registered
525 Posts
Way to go !!!!!! K8VHB, VK6FO, N6AO

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
A2
I used to enjoy morse. Have not been active in 35 years. Back in the day I had the tech class license KA2RCZ. Dad had a big yagi on the roof that really p oed the neighbors. Miss my dad and the times we spent on ham radio

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to enjoy morse. Have not been active in 35 years. Back in the day I had the tech class license KA2RCZ. Dad had a big yagi on the roof that really p oed the neighbors. Miss my dad and the times we spent on ham radio
Get your license back its easier than ever 10 hours of study and 35 question test no code. took my tech and general the same day and my extra 4 months later .

·
Registered
83 Posts
i had an FT1000 and a Henry SS750 Amplifier set as a Base Station in Los Angeles Ca. I could shut down a Party 1/2 a Block away by getting into their Speakers on 10 meters

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Back in 84 there was a private school that hosted a 2 week course for hams. It was Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson VA. Spent 2 weeks trying to get my code up to the requirement for the general ticket. Sadly I missed it by 2 words.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its so simple now a 6 year old recently passed her extra and a 96 year old ggg grandmother passed her tech soooo get busy . everything but the final test can be done online free practice tests flash card all of it so there are no excuses .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts