1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Im a new 1911 user. I just bought a kimber desert warrior and would like to change the grips to a digital camo pattern. The only grips that I could find (besides the laser grips from kimber) are ajax grafx grips from http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/ajax?set=26 . I ordered them and after reading around I found out that a grip needs an "ambi cut" if it is going on a gun with an ambi safety. I borrowed a non ambi cut grip from a friend so I can see what the difference is, so I could attempt to cut/grind where it was needed on my grips once they come in. But they seemed to fit right on w/o the ambi cut. I know I must be missing somthing. What is the ambi cut for. There doesnt seem to be any reason for the little cut. Can someone please explain to a noob. Is it possible that they fit on w/o any cutting?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,305 Posts
The King's and new Kimber ambis do not require "ambi cut grips". The small slot in the grip panel is to accommodate a thin finger that extends forward from most ambis (Ed Brown, Wilson, C&S, STI, SVI, et al.), to retain the off-side lever. The other two use a special hammer pin to retain the lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts