1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a Colt Lightweight Defender and have a question about the thumb safety. Being a lefty I want an ambi safety on the gun. I was wondering if I could just swap the Colt's out the ambi safety on my Charles Daly stainless. The CD is supposed to be A 100% clone, but I didn't know the effect on parts sizing, etc. when you move down to a Defender-sized frame. Since the cd is a range gun and the Defender would be for carry it would be a cheap way to get my ambi safety on the Colt. I really don't want to have to drop over $50 into having the local smith replace the Colt safety with an aftermarket part. Thanks in advance,
Scatmanblues

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reminder of my neophite status with these fine firearms guys. As much as I love them, I'm still learning how complex they can be. I was hoping the safety would be a good beginner project to get closer to my babies -guess not.
You're absolutely right about taking safety first, especially for a carry gun. Thanks for the advice everyone!
Scatmanblues

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.