1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the grips on my 5" loaded with a Pachmayr GM45C and found that the safety was difficult to raise and lower. The right side grip panel is pressing on the little piece coming off the right side safety lever.

What is the best way for me to solve this problem or should I just send it out to SA to remove the right side safety lever?

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
you need to relieve the right hand grip to accept the tang on the safety. ORRRR get some ambi grips. By all means, if you have no use for an ambi safety, have a smith install a strong side one....but you need to determine what your priority is...the grips of choice or the ambi...if you need the ambi,I would opt for a set of ambi grip panels...or go with notching out the backside of the Pachy grips.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Spigs, I have the same setup on my MC operator. On the right grip, you will need a sharp knife (or exacto knife) and remove some rubber material where the rt ambi leg travels. Look at the original right grip on your gun; you'll see where you'll need to remove material from your Pachmayr grip.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
supposedly you can buy one that fits from springfield custom shop. that is because they put that grip on their operator. Call them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts