1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has been asked many, many times. But I need to ask again, specifically about a Ruger Custom Shop 1911. I want to remove the left side ambi safety. Slide is off and gun cocked. Safety between Fire and Safe. I wiggle left side or all I am worth and it moves maybe 1 mm, then stops. I seem to be unable to get it any further. I must be worthless. I don't want to pry and risk breaking something, not without asking here first.

·
Registered
328 Posts
This question has been asked many, many times. But I need to ask again, specifically about a Ruger Custom Shop 1911. I want to remove the left side ambi safety. Slide is off and gun cocked. Safety between Fire and Safe. I wiggle left side or all I am worth and it moves maybe 1 mm, then stops. I seem to be unable to get it any further. I must be worthless. I don't want to pry and risk breaking something, not without asking here first.
You do have to remove the right side first. Then it should just wiggle out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. All fixed. My memory is getting bad! Maybe I need some of those memory pills, 'kept I can't remember what they're called.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Glad you got it out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts