1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to get the S&W 1911PD 4 1/4" to use as my concealed, but it does not come with an ambi-safety. Does anyone know if this gun can be outfitted for a lefty and if so what is that best to use. I don't know if this makes a difference but I was looking at the Crimson Lasergrip model which might be a problem if the grip needs to be modified at all. I really like this model so any suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
119 Posts
ambi safety with Crimson Trace grips

I installed Crimson Trace grips on my Officers size 45, the ambi safety must be shortened to clear the laser housing. Crimson Trace sells an Ed Brown's ambi that has been shortened. Another option is to have the gunsmith shorten the right side when he installs the safety. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Some 'Smith's like King's ambi's for Lefty's. They have an extra dovetailed x-pin and no foot to go under right side grip stock. If you have large hands &/ or long fingers may find it's paddles to short 'tho. Am LH also and generally prefer Brown ambi's, FWIW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.