1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone recommend a ambi-safety that will fit my P-12 .45? I'm looking for something that will fit with little or no modification on my part.Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pirate -- which one depends more on what you're more comfortable with. Some have a platform big enough to sit on and others are so narrow I'm nervous that I can't keep my thumb from falling off. Any you do get will likely need a bit of filing on the pin to get the fit and the amount of stiffness you want to flip it up & down. Occasionally the outside front left corner hits the bottom corner of the slide notch and will need some material removed from the corner of the ambi.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why do you want one? I am not trying to be a smartass but have always wondered what the attraction was. A person is either left or right handed. Why do you need an ambi safety?

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by GaryK:
Why do you want one? I am not trying to be a smartass but have always wondered what the attraction was. A person is either left or right handed. Why do you need an ambi safety?
There are too many reasons why tactically you may need to use your weak hand for shooting...(injury, strong hand is occupied in a struggle, cuffing someone, etc.) If you limit yourself to one handed shooting, pray that that is the only hand you need when the sh*t hits the fan. An ambi safety is a nice feature when the only hand that you can reach your gun with is not the one you normally shoot with.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need an ambi-safety for IDPA and practical concealed carry.I like my stock safety just fine but IDPA will have me shooting weak hand, too.Thanks for all your input.A little filing will be no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts