1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need an ambidextrous safety for the SIS Pro, any suggestions what would be a good one to get for carry use (slim/tactical)? Tnx

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
EGW, Ed Brown and Kimber use a design which requires a special pin to keep the two sides of an ambi safety working together. Those that don't use that method depend on the right side grip panel to do the job. If the ambi safety is a 'must have', spend the money for the best product. Get one that has wide levers and file or grind them to suit you.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
EGW, Ed Brown and Kimber use a design which requires a special pin to keep the two sides of an ambi safety working together. Those that don't use that method depend on the right side grip panel to do the job. If the ambi safety is a 'must have', spend the money for the best product. Get one that has wide levers and file or grind them to suit you.
Not if it had a single safety to begin with.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Kimber and was told that only the original part will work on the SIS. I was actually looking at getting one like from Wilson or Ed Brown but now I wonder if there is truth tothe claim that they won't work

·
Premium Member
11,560 Posts
The SIS is just another 1911 with a few special order details added. No reason that any quality thumb safety cannot be fit.

·
Registered
697 Posts
As a lefty, I really like the Ed Brown new style with the tactical on the left and the wide paddle on the right. Right grip doesn't have to be cut out and wide paddle is really secure to engage and disengage. Narrow tactical on left isn't in the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts