1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew has a Kimber Ultra Carry II. He's a lefty and is thinking about getting an Ambi safety installed. I'd like to show him some pics of what it'd look like if any are out there.
Also, any info that might be useful for him.

His parts list says something about Kimber having to install it.

Thanks in advance...

· Banned
570 Posts
Old thread

Here's a link to an old range report thread I did a long time ago with lots of pictures. It was of a Pro Tactical that I had put a Kimber ambi-safety into it. The safety dropped right in with no problems. When I called to order one from them they didn't want to send me one but the lady eventually relented and did.

Kimber Pro Tactical range report

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Thanks. I actually don't own that one anymore. It has been replaced by a Les Baer Stinger. That Speer GDHP 200gr +P ammo pictured was a bit of a handful to shoot, but it worked perfectly in the gun.

· Registered
757 Posts
Kimber has another, nicer ambi safety that comes on what I guess to be the newer "Custom Shop" models (my LTP doesn't have it, but it's older than my other Kimbers)...I love it because it doesn't have that extra piece of metal that requires a cutout from the grips...hope these pics work.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.