1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've read several times that you guys avoid AMERC cases like the plague.I find all kind of headstamps at the range,going from WW2 RA cases to 00:)confused:),to C3:)scratch:) to the usual brands like WW,RP,CBC,Starline,MFS,S&B,Fiocchi and all that jazz.Chances are that Amerc cases could make it into one of the plastic buckets I fill with range pick-ups if they're imported here, and after reading about how people steer clear from them I'd like to learn how to tell them from the rest.Are they stamped "Amerc" or are they stamped in another way?
TIA for reading,replying and....coping:)
Manny

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Another good way to tell is when after you load them, you primers FALL OUT of the primer pocket...seriously.

But yeah, they are stamped "Amerc"

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch for your replies guys!
Manny

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I keep a canary in my reloading room. If it passes out, I know there's an Amerc case nearby.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YOu can tell on the impossible-to-finish primer seating stroke when an Amerc case is present!

Garbage! :)

Geez...wonder who's making them...outta what and what kinda machinery they're using!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I keep a canary in my reloading room. If it passes out, I know there's an Amerc case nearby.
That's GREAT:rock::biglaugh:...gonne resell it!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hey! Be gentle here....... They even {now...?} claim to be using "new" primers in their ammo:
"AA assembles these components, along with premium powder, and new primers into new top quality ammunition." :eek:

"Made in America, By Americans, For Americans."

http://www.a-merc.com/about.htm

At least the Headstamp is large so it's easy to Spot! Then it's on to the Vise-Grips!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey! Be gentle here....... They even {now...?} claim to be using "new" primers in their ammo:
"AA assembles these components, along with premium powder, and new primers into new top quality ammunition." :eek:

At least the Headstamp is large so it's easy to Spot! Then it's on to the Vise-Grips!!!
Boy that sure beats all those crappy ammo makers who use used primers! :eek:

·
Registered
27,694 Posts

It's my firm belief that most Amerc cases in circulation don't get reloaded. I know that there seem to be about 500 shiny cases circulating between 6 or 7 of my closest shooting buddies. Nobody reloads it but they keep it and dump into one of their closest friends shooting bags while he is on the line. Gives us something to do when we aren't pasting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts