1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum ,after read a few the thred and find the negative thing about America brand brass . i just want to make sure that it is the same brand( before I dump all of them in the range bucket so they can sell as scrap) Is this brand has head stamp " America" ? and the same one that Sportman guide mail order company use to sell?I have a very difficult time with this brass , the bullet will bulge on the side and it will not chamber easily on my RugerP97 , I manage to fire off all them and got several failure to eject , slide won't close and failure to feed . the armscorp with 99 head stamp also give me the same trouble.And I thought I got a good deal.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
The American brass that I'm familiar with - and which I throw away religiously - is headstamped A-Merc.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yep, like jpwright, I don't use A-Merc brass. Don't know anything about "armscorp" brass - have never seen it.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank for the info , too bad I have almost 500 of them but better be safe than sorry. The Armscorp is pretty good ammo but very hard to find.

·
Registered
688 Posts
???? I've shot factory A-Merc in 9mm with no problems.
I also have A-Merc brand brass in my regular brass I reload, both 9mm and 45 acp. I have yet to encounter a problem with it.

I'm been reading the occaisonal threads about it, so I've been keeping and eye on the stuff (A-Merc) I use, but they reload over and over without a hitch.

Possibly they had some bad lots and I haven't run across any yet?

------------------
johnnyb
A slow hit beats a fast miss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts