1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my AH with Larry Vicker's gun on the cover. Man that gun is beautiful. He does something to the Smith Alexander magwell that I've never seen before. He beveled the outside of the magwell, made it look unique and rather nice. I need to win the lottery !

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
NAAAA, you dont need to win the lottery. Just call Larry and get on his list, i find for what you get in return his prices are very reasonable on basic work.

Im expecting my second in a few weeks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Dang I went to four different newstands today and they all had the old issues up. I even asked them to check to see if they just didn't get around to putting up the new issues yet and that I wanted to get the new issues.

One told me to come back tommorrow. Can't wait to see what eye candy they have in this issue.

Ross T.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,441 Posts
For some reason, I thought Vickers was an "old hand", a contemporary of Ed Brown or even Swenson. Larry is younger than I am! So, if I send him a gun, I might live long enough to shoot it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Arrrrrgh!!!!

I went back and I also went to 3 more different places. All of them had the old issue! I wanna see it! I wanna see it!

OK ok I'll turn of the temper tantrum now. I just want to see and read what's in this article.

Can't wait
Ross T.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi ROSANGHAL, The subscribers get theirs first so you may not see it for awhile, maybe a few weeks, sorry, MetalSmith

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah, and Larry said that Pete Single do all of his machine checkering, and Pete is the best.

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
So who is this Pete Single guy?
I gots a lasered-lorcin I'd like to have the grips removed and checkered 50lpi all over,
And....i'm not afraid to pay , as I gots lots of money in this sweet piece already.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Chuck,

Suitably twisted

When the Lorcin is complete, would you consider doing a PPC conversion on my RG38?
John

[This message has been edited by Precision Gunworks (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by Metal Smith:
Hi ROSANGHAL, The subscribers get theirs first so you may not see it for awhile, maybe a few weeks, sorry, MetalSmith
Shoulda renewed!

Don'T cha hate it when you wanna kick yourself!

Ross T.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Forget renewing gentlemen, it doesn't have anything to do with that apparently. My subscription is purchased all the way until 2003 or later, and I don't usually get my issue until after it's out on the newstands. It really, really, REALLY aggravates me! What the heck is a sub. for if I don't get it before it hits the newstands? [email protected]#$#!!!
EricO

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations Larry...

I just read the excellent article last night...insightful and better writing than most I've seen on individual smiths. It appears that your success is well deserved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello All! Congratulations Larry I'm still waiting too,
don't have subscription, behind in all my reading. Just think, all the Postall Workers that are reading it at work!
LOL Just my 2 cents worth.... Mike PS look for finger prints!

------------------
"shoot straight - safe -truthfully"
Endowment NRA
Life NAHC
Life LEAA

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Larry

I haven't seen the magazine yet but look forward to reading the article on your work.

Chuck

I need a pimp magwell for my Jennings. Can you fabricate me one out of Damascus? I want all the external small parts polished and chromed too.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

·
Registered
61 Posts
So what's the chance of one of you guys who has a copy of the article scanning and posting some of the pics for those of us who have to wait until it hits the news stands?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I've been in and out of bookstores and newstands for the past couple weeks looking for the newest issue of American Handgunner and have been frustrated coming home empty handed everytime.

Low and behold my wife hits a newstand for me and finds it, on her first try! She's awesome.

I'm flipping through this article and WOW.
Extremely beautiful work Mr. Vickers.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work first hand and judging from the pictures I'm sure it'll be a pleasure.

Ross T.

[This message has been edited by ROSANGHAL (edited 05-23-2001).]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts