1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
A stamped mags..

Any one have info on the diff. types of "A" stamps used by American Pin,I have several and I have noticed 3 diff. types of "A" stamps,w/serifs,with out sefifs,short wide spread legs(full stamp verified by the cross bar,not a tilted die partial stamp) taller narrower spread legs,etc; I wonder if there is any connection to anything relating to these diff. style "A" stamps.

Stumpy

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mine all have serifs on the A. One "squashed" one. Stamps on these may have been done after manufacture since a fully formed letter is almost never seen. Price on WWI mags depends on rarity and condition. Magazines with letters are rarer than unstamped ones in this part of the country.

I recently bought two American Pin in a WWI mag pouch for $35. Quite a bit of surface rust on these though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My Remington-Rand (1943) came with an American Pin mag stamped with the squashed and serifed ''A". The left feed lips started cracking out at the back and I retired it. That dude wants double what I paid for the mag and the gun in 1967. :rolleyes:

Lonesome Bullet

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Scott is correct on the dual tone magazines, but there are always those who "don't get the word". I had a couple in the arms room in the 1950's.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts