1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NSK reloads

Whew. I just took my brand-new (like still in the plastic wrap) SA 1911 .45 ACP Loaded to the range--right after California let me get my mitts on it. In less than an hour I fired over 100 rounds--enough to convince me that the gun is great, and that I'd better find a source of cheap, good quality ammo for practice. For beginners, what opionions are out there about NSK reloads? Especially, do their LSWC rounds feed reliably?

Alternative suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks, Bernie

·
Registered
271 Posts
I usually buy my ammo from Outdoor Marksman. They're located in Salem, Oregon so shipping should not too bad of a deal. They used FedEx and all ammo shipments require an adult signature at delivery.

Prices are pretty good and they have a variety of brands for target use (Winchester, Remington, Amscor, Sellier & Bellot, Federal, Wolf and a couple others) and also have a decent variety of personal protection ammo. They also offer Miwall's "new" and "reloaded" ammo that you can get in boxes or bulk in military ammo cans. I've tried some of these in .38 Spl and .357 and seem to be about as accurate as the "name" brands ( I have a box of the reload .45 stuff that I have yet to try)

Here's their website: http://www.outdoormarksman.com/

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walmart?

Sure--there's a Walmart nearby everybody. Are there any particularly attractive ammo deals there these days?

Thanks,

Bernie

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I don't know about Kalifornia, but in Texas WalMart has 100 round paks of .45 ball for $20.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Walmart sells the value pack in CA for about $20 ($19.95 to be exact). Their price is pretty hard to beat. Sure, ordering on line can be cheaper, but factor in the required signature, possibility of having to take time to go and pick up from the local hub, and you might as well go with Wally World. The only reason I buy from my local range is because the guy gives me as good a deal on Federal AE, as the wally world stuff, and he always has stock, unlike wally world.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Walmart sells both the Winchester white-box ammo at $19.95/100 and Remington-UMC at $9.97/50.

The math works out the same, so pick your brand...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts