1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what some people use in their Kimber CDP Pro. Reason I'm asking is because I've found that certain ammo gets hung up on the feeding ramp on the Pro, like Golden Sabers (might be because of the "petals" of the HP). Anyhow, it seems my Pro is fond of Gold Dots, they don't hang up on the ramp.
So, w/those who have Pro's, what personal defense ammo do you prefer?

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you are having hangups from hollowpoints, you could try Powrball ammo. It has a polymer ball in the tip that aids in feeding...kind of looks like hardball to the Kimber. It's a little hotter than the 230 grain Golden Saber. I think it's around 1250fps for muzzle velocity. Expansion seems to be very good from tests I have seen.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have the CDP Pro and haven't had any hang ups with factory ammunition. (My reloads are a different story) You could polish your feed ramp with a dremel tool pad and Flitz if you notice any burs or edges where the ramp meets the barrel. :confused:

·
Registered
547 Posts
First--have you had a competent 'smith polish up the ramp/throat/chamber/breechface on your Kimber? That may fix the problem for you. After that, just try different types until you find one you & the pistol like. If you reload you can buy HOrnady XTP or Golden SAber's to handload a lot cheaper than buying facotry box to practice with & check feed reliability. You can also carry handloads if you want. Each to his own...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts