1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
couple questions

i just recently picked up a TLE/ RL II, i only want to shoot good ammo through it. any suggestions on a match grade ammo? and what to stay away from?

also what sort of kydex holster is sugested for this model, and what are some of the rail options?

I'm pretty new here probably posted this in wrong spot?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have only had my Kimber since Dec. 1st but, I have put 250 rounds through it. I used winchester FMJ. and Fed. HydroShok. I had just one FTF with the FMJ and not one with the JHP. Other of the senior members might has something else that they would prefer, but other that that all I know is what i have shot.:rock:

·
Registered
500 Posts
You don't need to shoot "Match Grade" ammo through your pistols. My pistols, rifles and shotguns only get ammo from 3 manufacturers: Federal, Remington and Winchester. These 3 produce high quality ammunition and you don't pay unreasonable prices. I've been shooting since 1986 and I've never had a malfunction, failure to feed and or failure to eject that was solely attributed to the quality of ammo. In .45ACP, the only malfunctions I've ever experienced were due to the bullet profile (truncated cone), overall cartridge length (reloading), insufficient powder (again a reloading error) and when I was young and inexperienced, "limp wristing" the grip.

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
You don't need to shoot "Match Grade" ammo through your pistols.

My TLE is not quite two years old and has 5000 rounds through it. I've shot most brands of factory ammo with the exception of Wolf. I shoot quite a bit of CCI Blazer Brass and have used the aluminum version also. My TLE eats everything and is a flawless shooter.

So even with it's "mixed diet" of all kinds of ammo, my TLE just keeps on tickin'. :rock:

·
Registered
743 Posts
My guns exist almost exclusively on LSWC including breaking in. Some round nose lead is included. None of em on "sick" leave yet.

Ren

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
any suggestions on a match grade ammo? and what to stay away from?
The only one I would totally avoid is Wolf. Personal preference is Winchester, Remington, Federal, Fiocci and Seller & Bellot (S&B). Fiocci and S&B are less expensive but good quality. In fact, I prefer S&B or Fiocci over Winchester White Box (cleaner shooting than the WWB).

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a problem with what I have atributed to the Fiocchi this weekend with my Raptor. Picked up 2 boxes and one box I had about 6 ftf. Switched over when the problem was happening to WWB and some Rem, no problems, went back to the Fiocchi and another ftf. Box 2 of the fiocchi went fine. It was just the first box that had some issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts